I was reading over the posts of Manila Reviews and I saw the write up regarding the Influential Blogger's Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs for 2010 Writing Project. I never knew that there was such a thing (since I'm a newbie, as well), but I think that it's great that we have an avenue to nominate blogs that we like and blogs that we want to promote. I can actually join this contest, but I would rather vote for other blogs since I know I still have to build a more 'influential' blog.
So for my nominees, I nominate:
1. Manila Mommy (manilamommy.com): My wife and I are newly married and I saw how often she read the articles on this website. I think the articles on this site are very realistic that new mothers can relate to the writer.
2. The creative dork (thecreativedork.com): The comic strips are funny and the articles are very straight forward. I like it simple and straight to the point. This blog will go a long way!
3. Manila Fitness (manilafitness.com): I always read articles on running, basketball, and other 'guy' sports. And seldom do I see sites that caters to women's fitness and other women's concerns.
4. Manila Shopaholic (manilashopaholic.com): It's a good site where local entrepreneurs can promote their products and where 'shopaholics' can view and look for good buys. The entries are a must read for the "shopingeros and shopingeras".
5. Face buko (facebuko.com): The site had an interesting concept and entries were funny!
6. When In Manila (wheninmanila.com): We love the idea of video blogs! I certainly hope that a lot of bloggers would take time out to do video blogs.
EDITED: JUN 13, 2010
7. Surviving Autism: It is a simple blog about the not-so-simple life of a mother with autism. I read the first page and found myself running through the whole gamut of human emotions -- from desperation to unadulterated hope.
8. Pinoybreakingnews.com: The concept is simple -- consolidate all RSS feeds of the different "official" news websites into one page. In one look I can see all the most recent news. Sometimes one news outfit gets it first, sometimes, another does. By looking at this site, I'm sure to get the latest news. It's my homepage!
Okay that leaves 2 entries to fill out. If you know of a blog that you think deserves my vote, please feel free to comment on this entry!
Congrats to the Influential Blogger for having this activity. Sponsors that made this all possible: Events and Corporate Video, Budget hotel in Makati, Pinoy Party Food, Copyediting Services, PR Agency Philippines, Budget Travel Philippines, and Corporate Events Organizer.